Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Greatest Pretzel Story Ever Told

About six years ago I'm at the Mall looking for the perfect Christmas gift for my wife (This Mall happened to be the only one around with an Orange Julius) when I decided I needed a break, so I go up to one of those Aunt Annie's pretzel places and order up one of the fresh hot soft pretzels. I love these pretzels more than my wife and yet I don't have to buy the pretzel anything for Christmas.

But I digress.

So anyhow I give the gal at the pretzel place $5 for a $2 pretzel and start to walk away. The gal shouts out "Sir...you forgot your change!"....I turn back and just say 'Keep it." I kinda feel good about tipping a counter person at Christmas and walk on to finish my shopping.

About twenty minutes later I realize I gave her a $100 bill and not a $5 bill.

Merry Christmas.

14 comments:

Cake said...

What a beautiful retard story. ::wipes eyes::

Clinky said...

You could buy a duck for $100.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I didn't do it on purpose....just felt stupid going back and asking for my money.

Cake said...

Accidental or not, it's a great story and you probably made her Christmas.

Doesn't change your retard status, though, just to be clear.

Anonymous said...

I hope that $100 pretzel came "with release"...

Anonymous said...

"Came with release"...pun intended, of course?

Anonymous said...

Hey phil donahue's niece,

I thought you were from the other side of the country-are you guys allowed to say "wicked cool" out there?

Anonymous said...

There is no pretzel, you made him up

Anonymous said...

Who's made up?

Anonymous said...

There is no Hoagy the Happy Pretzel. I made him up.

Anonymous said...

phil donahue's niece,

Whew. Thanks for clarifying-I was confused for a bit there.

But all is wicked cool now.

Anonymous said...

turgidloveape:

Yes.

*sobs*

Sparkle Plenty said...

Time Capsule Comment: I love the story about wifey's new car and your broken antenna that I predict you will write in June 2008! Nice work!

Cake said...

I just predicted the same thing! We should take over the world together!