Monday, June 26, 2006

The Hitler World Tour



The story you are about to read is the day political correctness began.

Back in the 1980s I would set up at Star Trek and comic book conventions and sell my wares. Comic books, Star Trek stuff, Star Wars, movie memorabilia, etc.

So this one weekend me and Hoag were set up at this predominantly Jewish University (uh-oh) and sales were fairly flat so we figured we would cause a sensation.

We brought out the Hitler World Tour T-shirts and posters. The students were going crazy buying these shirts...they we're dying laughing and putting them on over their clothes and then walking around the dealers room with them on. Keep in mind these weren't PRO-Hitler shirts....they were Anti-Hitler shirts. The front had a picture of Hitler and the back had his 'tour dates' listed: Poland, France, etc. with the last few dates slashed out with the word CANCELLED through them.

There aint anything much funnier than a group of Jewish students walking around with Der Fuehrer emblazoned on their chests.

Here comes the good part:

This Chinese girl (don't you hate when someone brings up what race someone is when it has nothing to do with the story?) comes up to us and starts telling us how insensitive we are to the plight of the Jewish people blahblahblah....while she's bitching me out Hoag had made a Hitler mustache out of a 1 inch square of scotch tape and a black marker and was now Seig Heiling her from behind.

About 10 minutes later we were kicked out of the University. Kicked out for selling anti-Hitler T-shirts at a Jewish College.

Good thing we didn't bring our stash of pro-Hitler T-shirts....

13 comments:

Cake said...

I heard a bunch of dates were cancelled on that tour after Hitler got drunk and fell out of a palm tree...

Lois Lane said...

Hey, wouldn't "Oh, That Hoagy" be a great sitcom...

costarring Mick and Keith as the wacky neighbors, of course!

V said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
V said...

I sypathise with your motives, but I must point out the tactical error in imitating Hitler in front of everyone. Especially when you are dealing with someone who is eager to play the race card frivolously (and this is most likely true, since you often don't find too many Asian Jews), they are there to feel good about themselves, and anything you do to inflame the situation will only work in their favor. She's just looking for attention and she's just as bigoted as the people she purports to fight against, since she doesn't take the time to examine what you're doing and instead takes it at face value. You're white, right? Did you know that automatically makes you a Neo-Nazi? For free. No kidding.

EDIT: typos and grammer :)

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Dear V,

Hoag did the Hitler Tape Mustache for my benefit only.

He was trying to get me laughing while I was being scolded.

And I'm actually more pink than white.

Cake said...

Lois:

I would actually break down and get TiVO (or the equivalent) for that sitcom! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Best story ever. And I want one of those tee shirts too.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

The picture I posted was from Hoag's personal collection of Hitler garb. Maybe he has an extra.

Anonymous said...

Do you think he has any in XXXL?

Anonymous said...

Yeah,

Before the FBI catches up with him.

And by the way nooprah, I'm slow, but I just noticed that you linked me as "This Broad Teaches Our Children." Just to set the record clear, while I may not be big on the whole "self esteem" thing with other people's kids, I'm more than willing to exploit my own children, in a legal manner, for personal gain.

Hence my "Blogger" name....anyone want to buy a cd of my kid singing? It comes with a complimentary Snickers Bar.

Cake said...

I think you might have just attracted the FBI's attention by using the words "exploit," and "children" in the same sentence.

I'm going undercover until things cool down again.

Anonymous said...

Chocolate Chip Cookie,

I know how the FBI works...I offered FREE SNICKERS BARS! Talk about bleeding Red White & Blue....

Cake said...

Okay, phew! I didn't much care for being "Cookie" - something a bit bimbo about that choice of name.