Monday, June 18, 2007

Sounds yummy!

So I'm in the supermarket (are they still called supermarkets?) and I'm strolling (do people still stroll?) through the cereal aisle when I start noticing this phenomenon of store brands.

Store brands are when the supermarket makes their own brands and makes them look just like the national brands. And they're way cheaper. And they place them RIGHT next to each other. Huge money maker for the stores.

So I'm still strolling the aisle when all of a sudden I notice Crispy Hexagons! I don't even know what cereal they're ripping off! What genius named these?

Does anything sound less delicious than a Crispy Hexagon?

15 comments:

Cake said...

You were in a supermarket!?

Somehow I don't think that ever happened.

::snickers::

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I was! I bought cold medicine and generic Frosted Flakes.

Sugary Uneven Wavy Flakes of Corn.

Lois Lane said...

The Crunchy Isosceles Triangles are to die for.

bacon ace said...

The Pie-thagoryn Key Lime is killer.

Lois Lane said...

Caramel Toasted Pentagrams, anyone?

Anonymous said...

Floating soggy blankets of wheat.

Cake said...

I love that IANO thinks that if he tells us what he bought at the supermarket, that'll convince us he was there. That's soooo a-cute. (How obtuse does he think we are?)

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Dear Cake-

I don't think you're obese at all....you could maybe lose a few pounds, but obese? Nah.

Cake said...

I just can't help this addiction I have to sugar-coated spherical corn cereal!!

Anonymous said...

http://tinyurl.com/2clnm2

This guy likes 'em!

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Crispy Hexagons are sweeping America (and Canada)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=10507163

(How do I make that a live link?)

Cake said...

Like this.

Anonymous said...

Hexagon, won'tcha be my baby
Hexagon be my own
Got a hank of hair
And a piece of bone
Made a walkin', talkin'
Hexagone.

Anonymous said...

Lots of squares around this blog today...

Anonymous said...

They're going in circles, too.