It seems enough time has passed that we can finally start throwing 9/11 parties! (In memory, of course.)
I thought I'd post a nice handy 9/11 party checklist in case you are planning a bash of your own!
- Large rectangular shaped cake (make it look like Manhattan!)
- Ash colored frosting for said cake.
- Scaled map of lower Manhattan to place on top of cake.
- Two popsicle sticks to represent the Towers would look cool....if unavailable just use two larger sized fast burning candles.
- Make sure cake is decorated with lots of plastic firemen and rescue workers (no dinosaurs)....it'll give it a nice realistic touch.
- Invitations could be made on mock-up Cantor-Fitzgerald stationary
- Party favors could include toy cell phones (pretend you're calling your loved ones!), bags of dust to throw on clothes, funny 'I'm Looking For So And So' flyers to attach to telephone poles, little 3 seconds audio clips of folks saying "Holy Fucking Shit", box cutters, bags of confetti to throw during 'the collapse' part of the party.
- Make sure you get a megaphone so someone can act out George Bush's inspiring speech at Ground Zero.
- Music should include all of those downer songs by Springsteen and pals. (No Dixie Chicks)
- Food should only be burgers, hot dogs, and apple pie.
- Beverages should only be Coca-Cola
- Transportaion should be provided by Chevrolet.
- Conversation topics should be limited to: "Kill the Towel-Heads" and "Kill the Sand-Niggaz"
- Party Games might include: Shock and Aweopoly, Pin the Bomb on the Martyr, Hide the WMDs, etc.
This is just a partial checklist. Just random ideas to get you thinking about your own party.
Be Creative! Be Unique!
But most of all....be solemn and reflective and sad.