I went to the Doctor yesterday.
Just a routine office visit.
Here is what my doctor did:
1. She took my blood pressure.
2. Listened to my back. (I'm very curious what my back had to say to her)
3. She pushed on my stomach.
4. She listened to my chest.
5. And a nurse took blood.
Here is what I did:
1. When she asked for my age I insisted she tell me hers first (she didn't)
2. I changed the calendar in the exam room from October to November.
3. I asked (and received) a free purple exam glove. (I'll blog another day what I end up doing with it.)
4. I read a magazine about child care and how to work my 'glutes'.
5. I tightened my stomach when she was fishing around my belly so she wouldn't think I was an out of shape old man. (She told me to stop tightening my belly)
What the Doctor DIDN'T do:
1. She didn't check me for cancer.
2. She didn't react at all when I tickled her.
3. She didn't fall for the "I've got your nose" trick.
4. She didn't give me her home phone number...you know....in case I get the cancer late at night.
So to sum up:
I probably have cancer.