Saturday, April 05, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen....The Rolling Stones!

So we go to the IMAX theatre last night to see SHINE A LIGHT (the new Rolling Stones movie by Martin Scorsese) and it was amazing how distracted The Hoag got by the Kung-Fu Panda cardboard stand-up thing in the lobby.

But anyhow....the movie review:

Fantastic sound, great to look at.

The actors playing the Rolling Stones seemed a bit old and ugly, but all and all they did a great job making you believe they were really The Rolling Stones.

I think it was Kurt Russell playing Keith and I think Jon Cryer played Mick.

8 comments:

cake said...

What if the Beatles wrote about the Stones?

- All You Need is Keith
- Norwegian Ronnie Wood
- Mean Mister Mick
- Ronnie Raccoon
- Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Charlie

p.s.
The movie rocked!

definitely not cake said...

Hey, yeah, and what if the Beatles and the Stones were actually...THE ROLLING BEATLES!

- Brown Submarine
- All You Need is a Loving Cup
- Paint it Glass Onion
- Sexy Virginia
- Tumblin' Dice and Shout
- Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except for me and my Honky Tonk Women
- She's Got a Turd on the Run
- Being for the Benefit of Mr. D

Anonymous said...

IANO:

I've seen the advance clips for "Shine A Light." I'm pretty sure the Mick/Keith roles were both played by Martin Landau, in one of those "Austin Powers" or Peter Sellers kinda deals.

-- Lamont "Glimmer Single" Cranston

crackin myself up said...

Ob-la-di-WOO WOO, Ob-la-da-WOO WOO!

beating the woo-woo to death said...

- Norwegian Woo-Woo!
- Lucy in the Sky with Woo-Woo!
- All You Need is Woo-Woo!
- I'm Happy Just to Dance with Woo-Woo!

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Ya had a winner and now cheapened it.

Now the winner is something else.

still crackin' myself up said...

Someone just copied me! I was framed! Woo woo!

Redbeard76 said...

Ducky!