Saturday, April 26, 2008

Space Shuttle flights...big freakin' deal.

All these years I've thought the Space Shuttle was awesome....blasting off into "space".

Such a risky thing!

Or maybe not.

You see, the Space Shuttle "blasts off" and goes up roughly 100-1000 miles up into what is called low earth orbit.

A hundred miles or so...maybe a few hundred miles up. Whoop-dee-woo!

Big flippin' deal. I drive about 60 miles a day to work.

Earlier this year I flew to Texas which was probably 1800 miles or so.

Am I a "hero" like Space Shuttle "astronauts" who fly all of 100 miles up and then turn off engines and just glide around in a circle?

I don't turn my motor off and I drive on bumpy roads. A hero.

And I have gravity to deal with.

8 comments:

Cake said...

I've always wanted to see a space shuttle launch but it would be a lot cheaper and simpler to come to Boston and watch you drive to and from work...would that be okay? And does next week work for you?

::gets out lawnchair and binoculars::

Anonymous said...

I HATE CHEW!

Anonymous said...

I HATE CHEW TOO!

Anonymous said...

I HATE CHEW TOO, EH!

Anonymous said...

*beepbeepbeep*

Anonymous said...

"Take off, eh?"

The Silver Fox said...

This was funny, but I prefer the one from late December, 2007, about "New Year Resolutions....for you."

And don't hold your breath waiting for a "certain Canadian" to show.

Lois Lane said...

"Am I a "hero" like Space Shuttle "astronauts"..."

I dunno. Do you wear a diaper on those long drives?