Thursday, January 01, 2009

Snippets from the New Year's Eve party



So The Brit and The Brit Hubby held a great New Year's Eve party last night.

Here are a few snippets of conversation with Wifey and or The Brit.

-------

ME: "So if I start acting like an asshole or creepy or anything please let me know and I'll stop."

WIFEY: "Well I'm not just going to say it out loud in front of everyone...come up with a signal."

ME: "A signal to tell me when I'm being an asshole or creepy?"

WIFEY: "Yes."

ME: "How about :::secret signal::: this?"

WIFEY: "Fine."

---------------

ME: "You know...if you were ten years younger I'd be all over you."

THE BRIT: "You're such an asshole."

---------------

ME: "You know...if you were ten pounds lighter I'd be all over you."

THE BRIT: "You're such an asshole."

-------------------

ME: "That was smart of you not to clean your house before the party...it's just going to get messed up."

THE BRIT: "You're such an asshole."

-----------------

ME: "You look good finally letting the gray show up in your hair."

THE BRIT: "You're such an asshole."

-------------

ME: "That's very smart of you not putting the food right out....cuz folks will be really appreciate it more when you do."

THE BRIT: "You're such an asshole."

---------------

ME: "Is it okay if I take pictures during the party?"

THE BRIT: "Now you're being creepy."

---------

SO TO SUM UP:

I never got The Signal from Wifey so I was neither creepy or an asshole.

4 comments:

Cake said...

::whispers in ear::

You were a creepy asshole all night but Wifey was amused by it and just chose not to tell you.

bacon ace said...

Happy New Year you creepy asshole.

Clinky said...

Wouldn't it just be simpler for Wifey to come up with a signal for if you somehow managed to not be an asshole or creepy?

Sparkle Plenty said...

Clinky wins!