Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I might have just solved the banking "crisis"



So this morning I stop by the bank (of America) and get some pennies, dimes, dollar bills, and some quarters.

The gal forks over my coin (cool how I said 'forks over my coin',huh?) and I look at the rolls of quarters.

ME: "Are you sure there is ten dollars in here?"

HER: "Yup...you can compare them to these ::shows other rolls::"

ME: "Nevermind...no big deal."
-----
So I get to my car and crack open the 1/4 Georges (cool how I said 1/4 Georges, huh?)

And I count said coins.

There was only $9.00 in my ten dollar roll of coins.

So I brought them back in and the gal said she just bought $800.00 worth of quarters from someone. Do the math. Bank of America lost $80.00 on that one single transaction. (She replaced my $9 rolls with $10 rolls)

And that my friends is how the banking "crisis" happened.

But now that it's solved.. go buy a new car and get the economy going again.

(It would have been cool if I had worked the phrase 'Snap Daddy' into this post but I didn't see where it would have fit. Oh well...)

8 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

ME: "Are you sure there is ten dollars in here?"

HER: "Sure thing, Snap Daddy...you can compare them to these ::shows other rolls::"

ME: "Nevermind...no big deal, my little seakitten."

You are welcome. No charge. This time.

Cake said...

I brought $300 in rolled coins to the bank last summer...the teller counted each one right in front of me (they were all correct).

So to sum up:

Canadians are smahtah than Americans. Cool daddio! *snaps fingers*

Cake said...

Wow...two hours and nobody has disagreed with me.

Coolio.

Anonymous said...

Fixing a Nine Dollar Roll

Sarah said...

I certainly don't disagree with you.

Sparkle Plenty said...

"When an owl comes to a mouse picnic, it's not there for the sack races."

Anonymous said...

Penny Lane

Anonymous said...

Lady Mah Dollar