Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Aquatic Center

So I'm driving home last night and I spot a a new 'Aquatic Center'.

(That's fancy for pool)

And said Aquatic Center (pool) was named after someone who you would instantly think of when thinking of Aquatic Centers (pools)

I tried to find a picture online because a picture is worth a thousand words.

Or something.

But I couldn't find a picture of said Aquatic Center (pool) online.

So you you'll just have to trust me when I tell you that overwhelming joy took over my very being when I spotted this 'Aquatic Center'(pool)

Mostly because I knew the overwhelming joy that Cousin Saul would have felt had he spotted the 'Aquatic Center' (pool) first.

You can't stand the suspence any longer can ya?

Who could they possibly name an 'Aquatic Center' (pool) after?

Mark Spitz?

Michael Phelps?

Nope. Nope.

Burt Lancaster (he starred in a movie called The Swimmer)

Maybe somethjing nostaglic...The Esther Williams Aquatic Center?

Namor's Aquatic Center?

Aquaman's?

The Patrick Duffy Aquatic Center (that would have been clever)

It's right on the tip of your tongue.

Come on...you have it. Just say it!

Aquatics=This guy.

Here it is:

I lied.

One more line.

The Michael Dukakis Aquatic Center.

Really.

9 comments:

namor said...

Infidel!!!!!!

patrick duffy said...

If anyone would like me to appear at a Bar Mitzvah or a kid's birthday party, please call. I'm available.

Michael Dukakis said...

Me too!

ringo starrfish said...

Eight Laps a Week

Lucy in the Pool with Dolphins

Drown Me Do

Beatles said...

Swimthing

Cake said...

Dukakis's younger brother was killed in a tragic wavepool accident...he donated the money to build that aquatic center and that's why it's named after him.

Really, I wouldn't lie.

Cake said...

Wow...deadsville around here and on Cake today.

::tap tap:: This thing on?

Sparkle Plenty said...

Most bizarre. I hear that Flipper is deeply disgruntled about this.

flipper said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!