Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax day.

So let's get right to the point and sum up:

Federal taxes paid today.

State taxes paid today.

Quarterly federal taxes paid today (as a small business owner I have to pay 1/4 of my expected tax liabilty each quarter)

Quarterly state taxes paid today.

Property tax was due on my store on the 10th and paid.

Real estate tax on my house is due in two weeks.

Sales tax collected in teh store is due each month on the 20th.

I paid all three excise taxes due on three cars.

I had to fund my SEP retirement plan by the 15th or pay more taxes.

I paid taxes on the Pike today too get to work.

Gas taxes highest in the States which I paid yesterday when I filled up my tank.

I have to pay a freakin' 'sign tax' for my store sign.

A sign tax???

Personal property tax is due on the 1st for the fixtures and stuff in my shop.

-------------

I wish I was Phil Spector.

12 comments:

Cake said...

I got paid today and nearly half went to taxes...I feel your pain.

I wish I was the Obama's new dog. Or something.

Sparkle Plenty said...

For real? A SIGN TAX? For real?

(You do NOT wish Phil Specter's psycho poodly permfro on yourself. No way. Plus, you just don't look enough like a homocidal anteater.)

Beatles said...

TakenFoodOffYourTableMan

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Sign tax is real. They don't inspect it, look at it, notice it...just tax it.

The Man is keeping us down!

Sparkle Plenty said...

Cra-ZEE! A sign tax!

(Attica! Attica! Or something! Or something!)

Anonymous said...

They will soon be adding a Tea Tax too.

Cake said...

There's a blog tax too...didn't any of you get the memo??

One Lump or Two? said...

I'm surprised IANO is at work today.

Bromance said...

Finally, there's a term for the relationship between two heterosexual lifemates!

not really The Hoag said...

So....does this mean you aren't paying for lunch?

mulderjoe said...

Hmmph. Rich people are always complaining about the taxes they have to pay.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

And poor people always complain about all the free stuff they get from the government.

"Oh...this cheese isn't that good!"

"This free cancer care is making my hair fall out.."

"They won't allow me to buy booze and cigarettes and lottery tickets with my food stamps..."