Monday, April 20, 2009

What should have been a thing of beauty.



Today in Massachusetts is what we call Patriots Day (something about shooting the British some 230 years ago)

But what Patriots Day has turned into is an 11:00 game for the Boston Red Sox and The Boston Marathon.

So I was gonna be clever and go all Norm Crosby on today's post and call it the Austin Bearathon and make a super funny story about how bears chased me thru the streets of Boston (or Austin) for 26.2 miles.

And it was gonna be laugh fest.

And we all love laugh fests.

Don't we?

But I couldn't quite pull it together so you'll just have to trust me and pretend that I hit it out of the park.

All my love,
Rosie Ruiz

4 comments:

Cake said...

"But what Patriots Day has turned into is an 11:00 game for the Boston Red Sox and The Boston Marathon."

The entire Boston Marathon is playing the Red Sox? Hardly seems fair.

Kathy said...

phoning it in.

the boston marathon should be a horse race

Sparkle Plenty said...

Am confused how to celebrate. Shoot the British? Play baseball? Run? Fly to Austin? Allow a bear to chase me?

Have decided to worship Norm Crosby all day instead. The parade will start on the Boston Espadrille in half an hour.

(Laugh riots are also good, but require a costly outlay of tear gas.)

The Out of Shape Beatles said...

Eight Miles a Week