Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jacoby Ellsbury ties Major League Record!



Last night Jacoby Ellsbury of The Boston Red Sox tied a Major league record for putouts (12) by an outfielder in a 9 inning game . (A lot of other exciting stuff happened in this game also)

The other two guys that have the record...one was way back in the 1920s, the other in 1977.

So it's kinda cool.

Last night me and wifey are watching the game and Jacoby ties the record on the very last out to end the game.

Here is the conversation that followed:

ME: "WOW! That's pretty cool!"

WIFEY:

ME: "Out of 27 outs Jacoby made 12 of them!"

WIFEY:

ME: "In all of the hundreds of thousands of Major League games that have been played only two other guys have EVER done what he just did!"

WIFEY:

ME: "It's rare for that many balls to be hit to centerfield in the course of one game! WOW! Good for him! Look at him smiling!"

WIFEY:

ME: "You don't even care, do you"

WIFEY: "No."

-------------

Earlier in the game:

ME: "Oh my god! I can't believe Varitek hit two homeruns in this game!"

WIFEY: "Don't be making fun of Jason."

4 comments:

Cake said...

I always enjoy seeing the Blue Jays get a stompin'.

This is all.

Big Papi said...

I also sucked less last night. No love for me?

Doctor Obvious said...

I guess not.

Creepy Father said...

I bet his eyes would taste great.