Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Schmancer.



So I'm driving thru the tollbooth this morning when I spot a sticker on said booth.

It said something like:

WEAR A BALD CAP...FIGHT CANCER.

Hmmmmm....

So I thought about that for a bit.

And little bit longer.

Now I'm no scientist or doctor or anything but I had the cure for cancer pegged as some kinda combination of drugs and natural stuff.

Maybe aspirin cut with lemon juice?

I never would have guessed that wearing a bald cap would rid my body of cancer.

And then I thought some more.

And a bit more.

Do I really want to rid myself of cancer by covering up my beautiful thick head of hair?

I think not.

SO TO SUM UP:

It's better to look good than to feel good.

Or something.

5 comments:

Fernando said...

You'll be hearing from my attorney.

Sparkle Plenty said...

I think wearin' a "bald wig" is a sure cure because if I put one on, the cancer will die laughing. All cancer. Everywhere.

*"Bald wig" sounds so weird. And: It looks like Reggie from The Archies on the package. Not that I'd know about such things. But if I did, I'd say "It's Reggie! And I'm thinking Moose scalped him!"

Cake said...

"Bald cap"...huh. Tacky. Could I just wear a ball cap and call it close enough? Is cancer smart enough to even notice?

(I don't understand the "support cancer" fundraisers, either...I mean, surely it doesn't need our support?)

Run for cancer said...

I'm waiting.

Breast Cancer said...

I hate pink ribbons.