Tuesday, December 22, 2009

An open apology to my youngest daughter.


I'm sorry.

I'm a flawed man and meant you no harm.

To do what I did was probably unforgivable in your eyes.

I'm sorry.

I'm a flawed man.

I could promise I will never do it again but that would probably be a false promise.

For I am a flawed man.

I think you of all people will understand why I did what I did.

For you are a flawed girl.

You share my weakness.

I am sorry.

I take full blame.

I am a flawed man.

All I can do is say I'm sorry and tell you I'll make it up to you.

In no way should you blame yourself for my transgressions.

For I am a flawed man.

I'm weak.

Hitler was flawed.Weak. Charlie Manson and Barack Obama. Flawed. Weak.

Yet they didn't do what I did.

I'm a flawed man and I ate the candy I was going to put in your Christmas stocking.

(Even Hitler didn't do that)

Then again, Hitler wasn't tempted by a bag of bite-sized Heath Bars.

I am a flawed man.

SO TO SUM UP:

You saw that punchline a mile away, didn't cha?

5 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

You beast! Give 'em back! No, not that way. BUY HER MORE!

cousin saul said...

Man...For a moment I thought you had beat her senseless again for some minor infraction of your Nazi-like house rules.

cousin saul said...

Jews?? He won't even buy JUICE. He's such a racist....and a child-beatin' nazi.

Nazis said...

Ach du lieber! He gives us a bad name.

mulderjoe said...

I didn't see the punchline coming.