Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ponce De Leon and X-mas shopping



(I looked for a photo of him but could only find drawings...sorry)

Ponce was and is my favorite explorer.

He looked cool.

He was looking for something cool.

Magellan?

Loser.

Went the long way around South America when he could have just discovered the Panama Canal instead. (I love that they named GPS systems after a guy that took the long way around)

Columbus? Dolt.

Thought the USA was India. (SHUT MY DOOR!!)

But Ponce was special.

And had the coolest of names...Ponce De Leon.

Say it. Ponce De Leon.

See? Cool.

And the cool helmet.

Fountain of Youth?

Way cool.

So what does this have to do with me shopping last night?

Well, I was getting a gift card and they asked if I wanted a Spanish one.

A Gift Card in Spanish.

Do I look Spanish?

Did I sound Spanish?

Do I look like Ponce De Leon? (If only)

And why are there so many people from Spain that live in the States?

SO TO SUM UP:

Ponce De Leon=cool

Spanish Gift Cards=Not So Cool.

5 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

I'm guessing you must have sounded Spanish. Did you ask for a "rich corinthian leather" gift card and roll your r's?

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I thoght Ricardo Montalbon was from Cuba or Mexico?

You telling me he was from Spain?

Sparkle Plenty said...

Si, senor! (In at least one of his movies.)

I Ain't No Oprah said...

STOP TALKING MEXICAN!!!

Cake said...

So to sum up:

IANO has a crush on Ponce De Leon.