Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Taxation Without Representation. (woof!)



So on my way home last night I decide to stop at the store and pick up some dog food.

For my dog.

I bring the package of Purina Moist and Meaty up to the checkout counter.

It's $5.49.

She charges me $5.83.

Here is the conversation that follows.

ME: "Why are you charging me $5.83? The package says it's $5.49."

GAL CLERK: "There was .34 cents tax on it."

ME: "This is Massachusetts...there is no tax on food."

GAL CLERK: "There is on dog food."

ME: "It's for me."

GAL CLERK: "Sir....it says right on the package 'ADULT DOG FOOD'."

ME: "I'm an adult dog."

GAL CLERK: "Paper or plastic?"

4 comments:

Probably not the puppy said...

Mmm, moist chunks of protein.

beagles said...

Taxdog

Hey Food

Lovely Rover

Eleanor Puppy

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Dog

When I'm 9.14

cousin saul said...

Duh...how about "Hey Bulldog?"

Cake said...

It amuses me that IANO has never bought puppy food before.