Monday, August 29, 2011

I miss you



This was going to be a post about not watching TV for over thirty hours because of the "hurricane" that caused our power to go out.

I was going to talk about what TV means to me. How it keeps me warm. Happy. Sane.

How it's on even when I ain't watching.

How it's been with me for most of my life.

How I've never gone thirty plus hours without it.

My withdrawal pains.

My shows I missed (True Blood!)

It was going to make you sad.

TV is TV and it should always be on in my house.

And I was going to make all sorts of witty comments on how No TV makes No sense.

And on and on and on.

And then I remembered something.

We went out to eat last night and we watched TV at the bar.

So I basically didn't watch TV the normal amount of time I don't watch TV.

And all is right with the world.

Or something.



2 comments:

Living in fear of drowning in a hurricane-related flood said...

I do feel sad. You're clearly putting a positive spin on a tragic situation. How can you face having no tv because of a tropical storm power outage so bravely? And to have to suffer the indignity of having to get in your car and drive somewhere to watch someone else's tv- it's horrible, really. Hang in there- hopefully your ordeal will end soon!

Newton Minnow said...

TV is a vast wasteland located inside IANO's head