Monday, June 18, 2012

The Mason Jar Filled With Candy

So Friday night Wifey goes to a wedding without me.

I had to work that day so I couldn't go.

The bride had given each one of her guests a mason jar filled with penny-type candy.

Wifey doesn't much like candy.

 It just kinda sat there on the counter taunting me.

I like candy.

But anyhow...

So I wake up on Sunday morning and see a greeting card with my name on it.

In Wifey's handwritting.

It's Father's Day.

Wifey gets me a card for Father's Day.

The mason jar filled with candy is still on the counter a few feet away.

I look at the card.

 I look at the candy.

I don't open either one.

I look back at the candy.

It's time to shower so I go upstairs (with visons of sugar plums dancing in my head) (or something)

When I come downstairs I notice the mason jar filled with candy is now on top of my card.

I'm not even her father.



9 comments:

Cake said...

It's Chinatown!

The real Cake said...

HEY! I didn't post that earlier comment, loser!

Big talker said...

I hope you didn't eat that candy 'cause you "don't eat candy anymore."

Beatles said...

Penny Candy Lane

Taffy to Ride

IAintNoOprah said...

Nope, I'm still one of those righteous and annoying folks who don't eat processed sugar and carbs --- so no candy!

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I didn't post the above comment!

We have a situation!!!

StuckWithAComb said...

I'm her father. True story.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad!

Eatles said...

Penny candy's is in my ears and in my eyes